Phonetic Transcription for Trainers
- Learn about the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
- Learn specific symbols used to refer to sounds.
- Learn narrow transcription markings and how to use them.
- Understand differences between IPA and dictionary transcriptions.
- Learn about the symbols used to reference individual sounds.
- Increase awareness of differences between American English and sounds in other languages.
- Gain awareness of common dictionary pitfalls and shortcomings.
- Get practice activities to help you improve your skills.
Learn and Practice